Pulled Pork Sliders in BBQ Sauce
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to click on the link, visit the site, and/or purchase an item, I may be compensated or receive a commission. Thanks.
This is how I make BBQ Pork Sliders with Coleslaw. Hope you enjoy!
I make the pork ahead of time so it is ready to go.
- Pork shoulder or pork loin roast 2-3 pounds
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, granulated garlic, paprika
- Slider buns or hamburger buns
Place pork in crock pot, sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic. Set to cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours. When pork is done, remove pork and drain crock pot of liquid. Once drained, place pork back in crock pot, then take fork and pull the pork apart. It should pull apart easily. Once all the pork is pulled apart, then add BBQ Sauce.
- 1 24 oz bottle of Ketchup, I use Trader Joe’s Organic Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, I use Bragg’s Organic with the mother
- 1/4 cup Organic molasses
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of hickory liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion(optional)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter, I use organic grass-fed butter from Trader Joe’s. Do not use margarine or any kind of fake butter. The butter is optional, I use it because it adds a rich, velvet like texture to the sauce.
Combine all ingredients in a medium size sauce pot and heat on low till warm to hot, no need to boil, heating only to combine the ingredients well. I put the butter in last so that it melts well.
This is my version of BBQ sauce. There are times when I have added real maple syrup or honey and reduce the amount of brown sugar just to get a little different flavor.
The best thing about making your own BBQ Sauce is that you have made it yourself and you know what you put in it. If you read the labels on BBQ sauce in the stores, 90% of them have High Fructose Corn Syrup and that is not an ingredient I want to ingest. HFCS is a sweetener made from corn starch. HFCS has been linked to many health issues and it is generally a GMO, which is a Genetically Modified Organism.
Back to the Pulled Pork, so the pork is sitting in the crock pot, now add that delicious BBQ Sauce and gently mixed it in. It is ready to eat, or put it away for later. On to the coleslaw now.
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 1/2 large carrot or 1 small one
- 1/4 cup onion, I use maui sweet or walla walla onions
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayo
- dash of Sriracha salt
In food processor combine cabbage, carrot, and onion, shred to how you like it. I do mine really fine so it is easier to put on the slider. Place shredded stuff in bowl and mix in mayo and rice vinegar, then add Sriracha salt and pepper. Taste to make sure you like it, adjust ingredients if necessary to your own tastes.
Now let’s put it together. Take the BBQ pork and put on slider/hamburger bun, place some of the coleslaw on top of BBQ pork and enjoy.
or if you prefer the coleslaw on the side
either way is yummy. I like to serve with chips, so you have a nice crunch.
Hope you enjoy this, Cheers