Banana and Bourbon, you had me at Bourbon, with Pecans and Maple, it makes a tasty Cupcake. Check it out!!
Banana, Bourbon, Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Buttercreme
- 2 Cups A P Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick or 1/2 Cup Butter better at room temp, makes for easier mixing
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 to 4 really ripe bananas
- Bourbon, this is really to taste on how you want it. I did 2 Tablespoons the 1st time and I could hardly taste it, so I added a couple more, it was better, more pronounced. It is up to you or if you don’t want to add it, it is not necessary.
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup chopped Pecans
- Smoked Sea Salt, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with those handy-dandy paper liners, this makes about 24 for me.
In Medium size bowl mix (I also use the strainer here) flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg, then add bourbon, mix, add mashed bananas, mix, add vanilla, mix, then add dry ingredients and mix well, add pecans and blend. Scoop into prepared cupcake pans, fill about 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 16 to 20 mins. Set timer for 16 mins and check them. Usually done at 18 to 19 mins. Use tooth pick to check if done. Take out and cool on a cooling rack, then frost. I sprinkle Smoked Sea Salt on mine, gives it that added oomph.
Maple Buttercreme Frosting
- 2 Sticks of Butter or 1 Cup (room temp)
- Powered Sugar (sifted or use a strainer, always sifted)
- Maple Syrup
I put the 2 sticks of butter in a large bowl, then I take my strainer and place it over the bowl and basically pour powdered sugar in the strainer, about 2 cups then mix. I add some maple syrup and mix, then taste, probably needs more powdered sugar, so I take the strainer and put more powdered sugar, another cup or so and more maple syrup, then mix and taste, hmm, taste good to me. You can do it according to your taste. Some people like really sweet frosting, I am not one of them, sweet yes, but I don’t want my teeth to hurt. I really like the Maple so I go a bit heavy on that. Taste as you go and you will know.
Hope you like them if you try them.