Yummy extra special Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are extra special because I add Butterscotch Chips and chopped Pecans. Just trying to add some wicked goodness to an old classic cookie. This is the recipe I use, basic chocolate chip recipe with a few adjustments that I made.
- 2 3/4 cup AP Flour, I use unbleached
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 sticks of butter, I use unsalted and organic grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup sugar, I use organic sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, I used eggs that I get at the Farmer’s Market, they are organic free-range
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla, I use Organic Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, I use Guittard
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, I use Guittard
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
Preheat oven to 375, I use parchment paper on my cookie sheets but you don’t have to or use an ungreased cookie sheet. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. In a larger bowl combine soften butter and both sugars and cream together, add eggs and vanilla, and mix. Then add in flour mixture and combine till ingredients are mixed well. Then add chips and nuts and mix again. Lots of mixing, my arm is tired after this. I form them into little round balls on the cookie sheet. Bake anywhere from 8 to 12 mins. It just really depends on how big you make them and what kind of oven, etc.
For me the perfect cookie is at 11 mins. I have set it at 8 mins and he cookies so not done, then I go to 10 mins and they are better but not quite done, so I go to 12 and poof, cookies overdone, so 11 mins for me. It is amazing what 30 seconds to 1 minute can do, lol. I take them out of the oven and slide that parchment paper with the cookies on it to a cooling rack. I generally use 2 cookie sheets, so one is always in the oven when making several batches.
I hope you like these, I think they are really good. Thanks for reading my post. Enjoy!!