If I had a bathtub like this, I would be taking a bath every day. A girl can dream, seriously. In today’s fast paced world most people take a shower, it is quicker and easier. And some people just prefer to shower than take a bath. However, the lost art of taking a bath can be very helpful to both body and soul.
The last few days I have been a bit under the weather, so I took a hot bath with Epsom Salt and Eucalyptus essential oil. And let me tell you, it works wonders. Feeling much better and I have to say that taking a bath really helps.
I enjoy taking a bath and just wanted to share with you different things I use and do when taking a bath.
- When I need to relax I do this – I get a glass of wine. I fill the tub with warm water, I add Epsom and Dead Sea Salt, plus a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil. I light a few candles and turn off the light and close the door. I just lay back and soak, the warm soothing feeling from the salts and the sweet relaxing scent of lavender are calming. It is tranquil to watch the flickering of the fire on the candles, such a peaceful feeling.
- When I am sick with a cold or flu, I take a really hot bath with Epsom and Dead Sea Salts. I use Eucalyptus and Lavender Essential Oils. The Eucalyptus can help clear congestion and the lavender can help relax you.
- When I have cramps, I take a hot bath with Epsom Salts and Clary Sage Essential Oil. Both can help to soothe cramps. The Clary Sage can also make you drowsy, so be careful in the tub. I usually go right to bed after this bath.
There are so many different products you can use when taking a bath. So it is fun to try different stuff.
- An array of Salts, like Epsom and Dead Sea Salt.
- Essential Oils
- Scrubs, both salt or sugar
- Natural and scented Soaps
I use different Essential Oils for different moods. In the summer, I still take a bath even in hot weather, I use Orange or Lemon Essential Oil just to lighten things up in a cool bath. Please note that when using Orange or Lemon Essential Oil, don’t head out into the sun after. It can cause a skin reaction when exposed to the sun. This is called photosensitivity or phototoxicity. During the cooler months I use a lot of different Essential Oils just to mix it up, but my favorites are Rosemary, Lavender, Frankincense, Cedarwood, and Clary Sage.
Taking a bath is a great way to take time for yourself. It is just you and the tub filled with whatever delicious stuff you put in your bath. Your body and mind can heal, relax, or rejuvenate when taking a bath. So it might not be a bad idea to take a bath instead of that shower once in a while, you might like it. I know I do. Take Care and Enjoy a Bath.
Please note that this post is what I do and I am sharing that. This is not any type of medical advice and I am not suggesting that you do this. I am not a medical person, so please seek advice from your doctor.