Being Positive in today’s world can be tough sometimes. I know this to be true because I have to tell myself everyday be positive, it will get better, be thankful, and to find something good about each day. When life smacks you down, find the positive in it and move on. Here are some things that I try to do to stay positive.
- Just Breathe – Just taking a few minutes to sit and be still and take a few deep breaths can really help to set the mind in a more positive state.
- Take a walk outside – Nature can really heal. Taking a walk on the beach or where there is grass and trees can help ground you. It helps me become more calm and peaceful.
- Laugh – It has been said that laughter is the best medicine. I know I feel a whole lot better after a good laugh.
- Smile – Smiling is positive. When you frown or scowl like I tend to do, it brings out negative vibes, so I try to smile more.
- Take a shower or bath, get dressed up, put on make-up, do your hair, or whatever stuff like this, because it helps you feel good about you and when you feel good about yourself, you are positive and sending out positive vibes.
- Be Thankful – I think when you are thankful you are more positive. Even when life is rough, there is always something to be thankful for.
- Get together with friends – Talking and sharing with friends can be a real positive influence, plus it is fun.
- Have some FUN – I have found that sometimes I get into a rut, daily chores, paying bills, running errands, just doing everything that needs to be done and there is no time for fun. That is just too negative, I feel I have forgotten how it is to have fun sometimes or laugh, so you really need to make time to have fun. Life is to be lived or experienced, don’t just exist.
- Enjoy the little things, appreciate the little things – yes, this is a good one. I love to take my coffee in the morning and sit on my porch and just listen. It is still and quiet, just peaceful. I love clean sheets and a freshly made bed. Sometimes just the little things can really make a difference. I am so thankful for the little things.
Think positive and positive things will happen.
Respectfully in positive thoughts,