Being nice, Is it really so hard to be nice. Yea, sometimes I just want to thump people on the head because I swear they just don’t think. However, it really is not that hard to be nice. It just takes a little effort.
I was out-of-town this past weekend visiting my mom and friends. I walked thru crowded areas of town and in the hotel that I was staying in and ya know, people can be so unfriendly and inconsiderate. When you are walking down the street and people are standing and talking right in the walk way and they do not move out-of-the-way so you can pass by, does this not piss you off? It does me. Why can’t people be nice and move out of the walk way to stand and talk? It is not so hard.
Being nice does take effort, but a small effort. Just like a SMILE, a small effort, but a smile can really make someone’s day.
There are so many ways to be nice that take such little effort.
- Smile, when you smile at someone, it usually makes them smile too. And smiling is positive energy. It is good to smile. Smile and the world smiles with you. And I promise it will not break your face. I tend to scowl a lot, I need more joy in my life, so I am working on smiling more because scowling is negative. And it is giving me wrinkles so I need to stop that, lol.
- Open doors for people, give a meaning, nice compliment, say Bless You when someone sneezes, say Thank You and Your Welcome, just saying Hello or How are you, goes a long way to say, hey I care.
- Don’t yell. It is hard not to yell or scream when you are angry or upset at someone or something, but try not to yell or scream. In my opinion, most times it does not help the situation, it only makes it worse. Try to be nice and talk things thru, it usually turns out better. And yelling and screams can raise your blood pressure and stress you out, plus the one you are yelling at can be scared or stressed out too, especially if it is a child or pet.
- Be Helpful. I was at the grocery store the other day and saw an older women struggling to get her grocery bags in the car, I watched a couple of people walk right by her and not offer to help her, so I did. She was very grateful. It took less than a minute of my time and I made someone happy. It was not hard at all.
- Be a courteous driver. Here is an area where it is really hard to be nice sometimes. Most people, when they are driving, are not really thinking about the other drivers on the road. Everyone has to share the road, so try to be nice.
These are just a few ways to be nice and it doesn’t take a whole lot of effort. The holidays are coming and that is a stressful time for many people. It is a time when people REALLY need to work on being nice, lol. So hopeful this little post will help remind people to just BE NICE.